I'm Junru Xu.
I am a product designer & architect based in New York City. I work the design magic around customer's needs with empathy and creativity to seek the balance between usability and aesthetics. I am excited about solving design puzzles and advocating for users.
Columbia University, New York, NY
MS. Advanced Architectural Design, Graduation, May 2019
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Architecture, Graduation, May 2018
- Dean's List Honor for 4 consecutive semesters
- Two projects selected in Open House nomination
- International Student Scholarship
Freelance UX Designer
May. 2018 - Present
- Conduct and analyze user research activities to gather requirements and derive insights for innovation - interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analyses and contextual inquiry.
- Redesign the app, work with team members.
- Run user testing and iterated accordingly.
- Design and evaluate alternative solutions to choose the best approach.
- Visualize and prototype an intended solution.
- Web design.
Architectural Designer Assistant @ 2x4
Dec. 2019 - April. 2020
- Work with Design Director and project team to support the team’s work on a wide range of projects
- Strategize, conceive, create and present design ideas related to specific projects and clients
- Develop expertise in the software platforms that the studio utilizes
- Realize projects with both the highest level of creativity and respect for client's needs, schedule and budget
Email - Jxu6400@gmail.com
Tel - 312-731-2182
Full-stack user experience design
Quick prototype + wireframe
Rhino 3D Modeling
CAD modeling and rendering
Figma + Sketch
Associate Architecture Project Manager @ EasyRent Corporation
May. 2019 - Dec. 2019
- works directly with the lead project manager to oversee project execution, track progress, and divide work to improve efficiency.
- Manage furniture installation, furniture distribution, network installation and occupancy of clients.
- Interacted with clients, agencies, and landowners.
- Assist the interior design and furniture selection.
Architectural Designer Internship @ Laguarda.Low Architects LLC
Feb. 2019 - May. 2019
- Design and development of mix-use and commercial projects using various methods, including hand
crafted study models, 3D computer models, AutoCAD drawings and free hand sketching.
- Final presentation of projects using computer programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Program Council Representative @ Columbia University
Sep. 2018 - May. 2019
- Communicate with students to collect information, issues, and requests, and advocate for students.
- Meet regularly and work with the Dean, GSAPP administration, faculty and staff to continually improve the school and appropriate resolutions to address student issues.
- Perform Studio Lotteries at the start of each term, beginning in Spring of first-year.